This Privacy Notice is a public document available to anyone and applies to service users of Framework Housing Association to explain how the organisation collects and processes personal information in order to conduct normal business activities as a UK charitable supported housing association.
We are registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) as a Registered Provider of the following regulated activities:
- Providing housing related support.
- Providing treatment and care services
- Providing welfare and benefits advice
- Provision of education, training and employment services
Who we are
We are Framework Housing Association is the Data Controller whose head office is located at Val Roberts House, 25 Gregory Boulevard, Nottingham, NG7 6NX. Telephone number 0115 8417711. The organisational Data Protection Officer can be contacted at DPO@frameworkha.org
How we collect your information
Framework Housing Association collects information about you via a variety of sources, including when you are referred to one of our services, complete one of our forms, when you call, write, email or meet with us or respond to a survey. We may collect information when you use our social media sites or websites.
We operate CCTV systems at a number of Framework premises for the detection and prevention of crime. It operates continuously and recordings are held for one month.
We may receive information about your from other organisations including;
- Your local authority
- Benefits office
- Criminal justice
- Welfare or support organisations dealing with you
- What information we collect about you
The information we require from you, and which is classed as personal information, includes;
- Next of Kin
- Full name (and proof of your identity / photo ID)
- Date of birth
- National Insurance number
- Contact details (phone, email or correspondence address)
- Details of anyone authorised to act on your behalf, if applicable
- Basic details (name and Date of birth) of all household members
In addition to the information above, in order to provide you with relevant support and/or treatment, we may also gather more sensitive information relating to;
Your support needs. We use this information to provide you with the most appropriate support.
- Health information
- Sex life or sexual orientation.
This information is classed as special category data and requires it’s own lawful basis for processing.
If you do not provide the information we need then we may not be able to provide services to you
What processing we do with the information collected
The information we require from you is used to manage your support and/or treatment.
The processing activities we conduct can be summarised as;
- Managing your account charges & payments
- Managing the repairs and maintenance of our properties
- Ensuring tenancy or license agreement conditions are complied with, such as dealing with anti-social behaviour
- Managing your support and/or treatment
- Complying with relevant legislation and regulation
Framework Housing Association conducts statistical analysis to evaluate our performance against benchmarks and to demonstrate to our service commissioners that we are meeting agreed targets. Statistical information is always anonymised.
Framework Housing Association conducts surveys regularly and periodically relating to our services in order to gauge satisfaction and to make improvements based on feedback.
Framework Housing Association operates a range of information and communications systems and technologies for efficient operation of the organisation. Personal and sensitive information is stored and managed within those systems which are maintained to achieve a high level of Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability.
We hold information in IT systems which may be copied for testing, backup, archiving and disaster recovery purposes. All data is held within the UK.
Our lawful basis for processing personal information is for legitimate interests, in order to provide you with relevant support and/or treatment.
Our lawful basis for processing special category data is for the provision of health or social care or treatment, in order to provide you with relevant support and/or treatment.
How we will communicate with you
Framework Housing Association needs to communicate with our service users and this will usually be in writing or by telephone or face to face.
Who we share data with and how long we keep information
We may need to share personal information with government departments, local authorities and support agencies, with our regulator and auditors or with other organisations and agencies where we are legally obliged to do so.
What we will not do
- We will not send you unsolicited marketing material
- We will not sell your data to third parties
- We will not pass your personal data to unrelated third parties unless we are allowed or required to do so by law or we have your explicit permission to do so.
- We will not transfer or store your personal data outside of the UK outside of the UK / European regulations.
You have the right to request a copy of the data we hold about you. Please contact our Data Protection Officer at DPO@frameworkha.org if you wish to request access to any of your personal data and we will always endeavour to answer your questions.
We will not normally make a charge for this and will respond within 30 days of receiving your request.
It will always help if you can be specific about what personal data you want to see, what it relates to and within what timeframe as that will assist in our search.
You have the right to correct the information we hold. Please advise us of any changes or corrections by contacting our data Protection Officer on DPO@frameworkha.org